Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday: Shots I did on Film




































Tomorrow is the half pipe finals for the US Open of Snowboarding up at Stratton, VT. It's traditionally the last major contest of the season and one of the only times of the year the super pros snowboard on the east coast. Huge crowds, good parties, and lots of really good snowboarding. I have photographed the event many times and these images are some of my most memorable. I have pleanty of shots in the archives of super big half pipe tricks but these were just so much fun. They are of Vermont native and Editor of Snowboarder Magazine, Pat Briges. Pat had this idea back in 2003 to enter the event and write about what it was like from a "competitors" perspective. In classic Bridges style he shotgunned a Red Bull and lit up a cig in the starting gate. I didn't catch his run but I can be certain there was at least one very well executed hand plant in there. He's the king of the handplant. I think I remeber him doing handplants at Killington one time with a beer in his hand and not spilling a drop. Only Pat Briges man, only Pat!
Pat, if you happen to read this, thanks for the awesome memories. Keep killing it!

No comments: