Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Tuesday: Photographer/Artist That Inspires Me


©Embry Rucker

©Embry Rucker

©Embry Rucker

©Embry Rucker

This week I am featuring Embry Rucker as a photographer/artist that inspires me. I met Embry in Portland, OR while I was doing a short stint with Nemo Design and Embry was shooting alot with the now defunct Morrow Snowboards team including Todd Richards, Eric Lienes, and Josh Dirkson. Shortly after that he became the Photo Editor at Transworld Snowboarding Magazine and gave me an assignment or two. And ran some of my first published work. Embry left TWS and embarked on a shooting carreer and has become quite successful with clients like Quicksilver, Roxy, O'neal, Sony, and Nokia to name a few.
I really enjoy the way he lights his portrait and action shots. He uses an excellent mix of available light and strobes. It's also really cool to see the variety of work he does, fashion, sports, portraits, ads, editorial, catalog, and travel. It's really inspiring!
Thank you Embry for being a photographer and creating images that inspire me to progress forward in my own photographic adventure!

No comments: