Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tuesday: Photographer/Artist That Inspires Me


All kick ass images © Gary Land
This week I am featuring photographer/artist Gary Land as a photographer that inspires me. Gary was one of the original East Coast snowboarding photographers. I first saw his images in Eastern Edge Magazine and Snowboarder Magazine. I remember seeing Gary toting around some big ass 600mm lens on a monopod at The US Open of Snowboarding and thinking how cool is that guy? Gary went on to be the in-house photographer at Reebok for a while and that's where we met. I assisted him a few times and his energy on set is amazing and fun. He's left Reebok and runs a hugely successful freelance business shooting for Coke, Nike, Adidas, and more. His work is cutting edge and pushes the envelope with crisp clean post production and excellent lighting. I also love his blog where he posts a bunch of his point and shoot stuff. He's always shooting, looking for the cool in wherever he is. And that is what inspires me most.
Thanks for the inspiration Gary and keep killing it!

No comments: